Help & Advice
Check first if your question is in the FAQs.
Send your question in an email to the Sense Infolijn helpline. We answer all your questions about sex. You will get an answer within 2 working days.
The Sense Infolijn helpline can answer all your questions about sex.
0900 - 402 402 0
Monday to Wednesday: 09.30 - 15.30
Thursday and Friday: 13.30 - 15.30
Saturday and Sunday: closed
5 eurocents a minute plus possible charges from your provider.
Do you want to have a face-to-face talk about sex or relationships with a health professional or counsellor in your neighbourhood? Where you should go depends on the kind of conversation you want to have:
1. I'm worried I might have an STI.
Are you under 25? Then you can go to the STI clinic at the GGD health centre, or to a Sense clinic for free, confidential chlamydia testing. That is the most common STI among young people in the Netherlands. If necessary, you can be tested for other STIs as well.
Here are all the addresses, telephone numbers and surgery hours for STI testing.
2. I want to ask something else about sex and relationships.
Young people under 25 can go to a Sense clinic for a free, confidential consultation about anything to do with sex.
- The pill and other contraceptives
- Pregnancy testing
- Pain when making love
- Having an orgasm too soon, or not being able to have one
- You want more sex than your partner, or less
- An unpleasant experience with sex (pressure, regret)
- Other questions about sex or problems